Saturday, December 1, 2012

DIY: Lighted Christmas Package

DIY: Lighted Christmas Package

A couple days ago, I was at Hobby Lobby & Michael's shopping for Christmas decorations.  I stumbled upon a lighted glass box similar to the one I made - the price was something around $35.00, I believe.  I could tell that it was an "in-store" project and so I asked someone if they sold the glass box in store.  I bought the glass box for $11.99.  At home, I already had thick ribbon, a strand of lights, and the little decor accent that you see in the photo.  So, I made it a DIY project. It's super easy and I love lights during the holiday season, so this project was perfect for me!

The glass box is called a Krafty Blok.  Maybe I live in a hole, but I had never seen these before.  
{Source: Hobby Lobby} - click on link 

If you google Krafty Blok, it will show you tons of different projects you can do with these.  They are perfect for all sorts of holidays - you can get very creative!  These blocks have a cut out on the bottom of them that allows you to stuff things inside (i.e. ribbon, lights, little accent pieces):



After I stuffed the stand of lights inside, I left a little slack so that it could be plugged into the wall.  Then I wrapped it with ribbon and tied the accent piece on the in middle.  Easy as that!  After the holidays, I plan on gathering up some ideas on how to re-use for other holidays throughout the year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment