Saturday, January 26, 2013

Red Velvet Trifle


For Laney's birthday this year, we had our families over again for dinner.  One of the desserts I made included a trifle that my aunt originally gave me a recipe for.  It's one of my sister & I's favorite desserts.  The best part is that you can make it the day or night before and will actually taste better the next day!  It's a great dessert if you know you will be in a time crunch on the day of an event or anything.  It's super easy to make, too!!

Red Velvet Trifle

1 pkg Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free)
1 c. milk
1 large packet of instant vanilla pudding 
1 large container cool whip, thawed (I used sugar free/fat free)
1/4 c. kahluha
Hershey syrup

Bake cake according to directions on box in 13x9 pan.  When done, take out of oven and immediately poke holes over top of cake (I used the tip of a wooden mixing spoon).  Pour 1 can of sweetened condensed milk over the top and let it cool thoroughly.  

Mix together milk and kaluha, then add in pudding and whisk all together.  Gently fold in cool whip and mix thoroughly. 

Cut the cake in half and tear or slice pieces off and place in bottom of trifle bowl.  Drizzle hershey syrup over cake layer.  Then, top of half of the pudding mixture.  Repeat each layer.  Top the trifle with chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, raspberries - whatever you prefer! 

Again, it helps to make it the day or night before.  But if you are unable to, it will still taste delicious! 

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment