Monday, February 11, 2013

Impress Your Honey: Easy Red Velvet Whoopie Pies


While grocery shopping a couple days ago, I stumbled upon a limited edition Pillsbury cookie dough - Red Velvet.  I am not one who loves to make cookies from cookie dough.  I would rather put in the extra elbow grease and bake them from scratch.  However, I picked up a roll of the dough to try out.  Also, my sister is a huge fan of red velvet desserts - it's her favorite - so, I knew she would be excited to try these out.  These whoopie pies are so easy to make!  Like I said, the dough is a premade dough and the icing that I used in the center is also Pillsbury.  While they may look a little fancy, they are the easiest things to make!

The only ingredients you need: 

Red Velvet Cookie Dough & Easy Frost Icing

Impress Your Honey:
Red Velvet Cookie Whoopie Pies

1 pkg of Red Velvet Cookie Dough
1 can of Easy Frost Icing

Bake cookies according to package. 
Once cooled, fill the center with icing and sandwich two cookies together.

Optional: Decorate with sprinkles, sugar crystals, etc. 

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment