Monday, July 8, 2013

Slow Cooker Pot Roast Sandwich


Chris & I got back from the lake late Saturday night.  On Sunday, we spent the day getting unpacked and settled.  We had both been off of work for the last week.  Sunday afternoon I wanted to make something quick and easy for dinner.  I didn't want to spend my day in the kitchen and the temperature outside has been getting hotter and hotter.  I found this easy recipe on one of my "go- to" blogs - Six Sisters Stuff. 

This recipe is delicious!  I was a bit unsure of how it would turn out, but Chris & I were both very impressed.  I think I was even more excited to have it as leftovers for a meal!  

Slow Cooker Pot Roast Sandwich
{Original Recipe: Six Sisters Stuff}

1 3-4 lb beef roast {I used a 3lbs, "bottom" roast}
1 cup water
1 cup salsa
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 envelope Au Jus mix

Spicy Sauce {See below}
Swiss cheese slices
Buns

Whisk together water and salsa, then add in the 3 mixes - whisk together until well mixed. 
Place roast in slow cooker.  Pour seasoning mixture on top of roast.
Cook on low 6-8 hours, or high 3-5 hours {time may vary depending on each slow cooker}.

While the roast is cooking, you can make a spicy sauce to spread on your sandwich for added flavor. 

Spicy Sauce

1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp chili sauce
2 tsp horseradish sauce

Mix together.  Chill in refrigerator. 

Once your roast has finished cooking, take out of crock pot and slice up/shred to pieces.  
Turn your broiler on - place Swiss cheese one half of the bun and broil until melted.
Top the other half of bun with spicy sauce and then add your beef in between.

Enjoy!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment