Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dog-N-Jog

This morning Chris, Laney, & I headed down to the plaza for the 25th annual Dog-N-Jog.  Each year, the Humane Society hosts the Dog-N-Jog.  All the proceeds go to the Humane Society, which I love to help support since that is where we adopted Laney from!  You can choose from a 1-mile walk, 1-mile jog, or 2-mile jog.  Not knowing how well Laney would do with so many other dogs and distractions, I opted for the 1-mile jog.  It was a great time & so fun to see all the other dogs!  My parents and sister came down to watch their favorite grand-dog complete her first race!


Chris giving Lane a pep talk before the race





Finishing the first lap


Close to the finish line!

Rehydrating post-race


Treats from Sheridans for the runners, aka pups


Family pic, 6.10.12

 The race was so much fun! We finished the 1-mile run in 7:36 - which is a great time for me! Thanks to Laney making me run faster!  I think I am going to bring her with me to run the next half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment