Thursday, September 6, 2012

Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes



For my mom's birthday this year, I was put in charge of bringing dessert.  I decided to make Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes.  When I was younger, I remember my aunt bringing over a Boston Cream Pie once and loved it.  I can't remember having Boston Cream Pie since.  I found this recipe on Pinterest, which is from a recipe blog that I follow.  

Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
{Source: Six Sister's Stuff}


1 package Butter Golden Yellow Cake Mix
(make cupcakes according to directions on box)

1 (3.4 oz) box French Vanilla instant pudding
1 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. milk
1/2 c. sour cream

Make cupcakes according to directions on box - let cool.
Mix together the remaining ingredients: pudding, heavy cream, powdered sugar, milk, and sour cream.  Beat on medium speed until stiff peak forms. Cut each cupcake in half and add a dollop of the filling mixture.  Put cupcake back together and frost with the ganache. 

Ganache:
1 c. heavy whipping cream
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat cream in sauce pan until it comes to a boil.  Remove from heat, pour over chocolate chips in a mixing a bowl and stir together.  Let the ganache slightly cool, then take a spoonful and drizzle over the top of the cupcakes until coated.  The ganache will drizzle down the sides of the cupcakes.

Store in refrigerator.

These cupcakes are very easy to make and are very tasty!!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment