Friday, July 6, 2012

Be Grateful

It's so easy to lose perspective on life each day.  It's so easy to take each day for granted.  But sometimes you just have to make a conscious effort to stop and be grateful for what you have.  Today, I am grateful for my family, friends, & health.  I was reminded of all that today after losing a close friend of the family.  Life just isn't fair sometimes and you can't make sense of it.


So grateful for my wonderful family


"Well, time & fate can't be controlled, 
you play the hand that you're dealt & the dice that you rolled.  
And who am I to question God anyways...." 
{Gary Alan}
{some of my all time favorite lyrics, it is the truth that lies around us}

So grateful for this family, too


"But the struggles make you stronger... 
and the changes make you wise... 
and happiness has it's own way of takin' it's sweet time...
...No, life ain't always beautiful...
...But it's a beautiful ride" {Gary Alan}

One big, happy family :)
Love this picture of me & my dad, {before the ceremony began}: 




It's unfortunate how you can lose perspective of how wonderful and lucky your life is.  I take these moments as a blessing in disguise at times to regain perspective and let those who really matter to me know that they are loved.  Without them, life would just be a little tougher .... 

To the Hanks' - 
I'm so sorry for your loss.  My heart aches with sadness, but is no where near comparable to how your hearts are hurting.  He will be missed, but not forgotten.  Larry is such a wonderful person to so many people.  May your family find hope and strength through these difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment